24.9.08

Stitches & Witnesses

I am still laughing...
Let me explain.
Monday, cluts that I am, I walked into the door. Not into the closed door, but into the half way open, side of the door, with enough force that I needed three stitches on my eyebrow. And I now have a deep purple eye lid that is spreading more into my nose every day. Well ordinarily I would have doused the shiner with Hollywood amounts of makeup to cover it up, but I cannot get the stitches wet until tomorrow so I am sticking with big sunglasses to cover myself.
So this morning I get a knock at the door. It was unsolicited so normally I would not answer but today I had the window open and Halie was already waving at them so I decided to answer. It was a very nice lady and her son. They were Jehovah’s Witnesses. She starts telling me all the goods about their beliefs, and, here is the funny part, said it really has helped her in raising her children, and (pauses to stare at my shiner) has helped her to have a good, healthy marriage!
Luckily I had to leave to get Sierra from school, but I am still amused!

No comments: